One of the most vibrant and lustrous fruits, strawberries are equally liked by both children and adults. The heart-shaped, delicate berries have a characteristic aroma, bright red color, juicy texture, and sweet and sour taste.
1. Slows Aging
In addition, the lycopene in strawberries helps fight skin aging signs. In addition to eating strawberries, you can use them to make a face mask to get the anti-aging benefits.
- Prepare an anti-aging face mask with ½ cup of mashed strawberries, 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of milk cream. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this paste all over your face and neck.
- Allow it to sit for 20 to 25 minutes, then wash it off with cool water and pat dry.
- Use this face pack once a week.
2. Makes Teeth Whiter
Strawberries provide a natural way to whiten your teeth. Their vitamin C content helps breakdown plaque that causes your teeth to appear yellow. In addition, their malic acid helps transform yellow teeth into pearly whites.
- Grind 1 to 2 strawberries into a paste. Rub it on your teeth for a couple of minutes and then rinse your mouth with warm water. Do this twice daily for a few weeks.
- Another option is to simply rub half a strawberry back and forth all over your teeth, wait 1 minute and then rinse it off with warm water. Follow this simple remedy twice daily for about a couple of weeks.
3. Reduces Under-Eye Puffiness
Strawberries contain natural compounds that work as an anti-inflammatory to help get rid of under-eye puffiness. Moreover, the astringent property of the berries helps reduce puffiness and swelling.
- Chill 1 to 2 large strawberries in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut them into thick slices.
- Lie down and put the cool slices over your eyes.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes, remove the slices and wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat as needed.