Bitter gourd, also known as bitter melon, can be helpful for controlling diabetes due to its blood glucose lowering effects. It tends to influence the glucose metabolism all over your body rather than a particular organ or tissue.
- Drink some bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach each morning. First remove the seeds of two to three bitter gourds and use a juicer to extract the juice. Add some water and then drink it. Follow this treatment daily in the morning for at least two months.
- Also, you can include one dish made of bitter gourd daily in your diet
- Mix one-half to one teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup of warm water. Drink it daily.
- Another option is to boil two to four cinnamon sticks in one cup of water and allow it to steep for 20 minutes. Drink this solution daily until you see improvement.
- You can also add cinnamon to warm beverages, smoothies and baked goods.
- Soak 10 to 15 tender mango leaves in a glass of water overnight. In the morning, filter the water and drink it on an empty stomach.
- You can also dry the leaves in the shade and grind them. Eat one-half teaspoon of powdered mango leaves two times daily.